How It Works
Step 1 : Syncing wearable devices
- Download the Fitbit app from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store and install it on your smartphone or tablet.
- Log in to the Fitbit app using your username and password, and sync your Fitbit device with the Fitbit app you have installed.
- If you are using a laptop or desktop computer, go to your Fitbit dashboard (https://www.fitbit.com) in your web browser and log in to sync your Fitbit device with your dashboard.
THYROSCOPE downloads your HR data from the data server of your service provider. Regular syncing of your wearable device with the application provided by the device maker enables THYROSCOPE to download up-to-date data.
Currently, only Fitbit devices are compatible with THYROSCOPE. Among various kinds of Fitbit devices, you should use a model that can measure your heart rate.
Step 2 : Input TFT results
- Obtain your TFT results from your healthcare provider.
- Go to Input My TFT menu and input the acquired results.
- You can find the TFT results you entered and the HR at the time of the test in My TFT/HR Data menu.
THYROSCOPE sets 'reference resting HR' and calculates the risk of thyrotoxicosis by comparing your recent HR data to reference resting HR. Reference resting HR is determined by HR data when your TFT results are within normal limits. If your HR data or normal TFT results are not available, THYROSCOPE estimates reference resting HR from your HR data and toxic level TFT results. Therefore, your TFT results and the date of blood sampling are required, and you should use your wearable device continuously, including on the date of blood sampling. THYROSCOPE automatically pairs TFT results with your HR data. In order to make this happen, you are required to log in to your werable device account. The more data you input, the better THYROSCOPE can set an accurate reference resting HR.
Step 3 : Calculating risk
- Go to Calculating My Risk menu and you can see the risk of thyrotoxicosis calculated by THYROSCOPE.
- If you want to check the current risk of thyrotoxicosis based on the results you have already entered, go to Step 3 immediately after Step 1.
THYROSCOPE downloads your recent HR data from the server and compares it with your reference resting HR. Then THYROSCOPE categorizes your current risk level of thyrotoxicosis as described below:
- Low risk : Current probability of thyrotoxicosis is less than 1.8 times compared to when your thyroid function was normal.
- Moderate risk : Current probability of thyrotoxicosis is 1.8 - 2.9 times than normal.
- High risk : Current probability of thyrotoxicosis is more than 3 times than normal.
A clinic visit is recommended to subjects with moderate or high risk.